Amex Resources Limited is an iron ore focused, mineral resources development company.
Our core project is the Mba Delta ironsands magnetite project on the main island of Fiji. The construction contract commenced on 1 May 2016 and the design/procure/construct period is scheduled to take 18 months from the revised commencement date. The first magnetite concentrate is scheduled to be produced late 2017.
Our strong and capable management team have been responsible for securing and developing the Mba Delta
Ironsand Project in Fiji. Amex’s many achievements to date have included:
- delineation of a substantial Indicated JORC Resource (20 year mine life)
- commissioning a pilot plant and production of trial samples
- execution of a10 year product offtake agreement
- securing a long-term lease over a significant area at the nearby Lautoka port
- granting of a special mining lease
- obtaining Environmental approvals and payment of bond
- successful completion of Pre-Feasibility and Bankable Feasibility studies
- completion of detailed design for the Lautoka Port facility and granting of all approvals required to construct the wharf, stockpile shed and support buildings
- identification of a large contiguous exploration target extending from the current resource boundaries
The Company continues to explore diversified product markets with the objective of maximising and stabilising revenue streams. Management are in discussions with an experienced marketing entity who specialise in alternative niche markets that are not reliant on the iron ore price.